[3830] CQ160 CW VE6CNU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW VE6CNU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 12:06:19 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: VE6CNU
Operator(s): VE6CNU
Station: VE6CNU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Calgary
Operating Time (hrs): 4

Total:  QSOs = 101  State/Prov = 32  Countries = 2  Total Score = 15,742

Club: ALBERTA CLIPPERS

Comments:

I only got to work a short time on this contest.  The conditions actually seemed
fairly good, as there were quite a lot of activity.  Unfortunately, my 40'
shunt-fed tower and 100W from my FT-1000MP are not exactly "loud".  And having
S9 noise is pretty tough too.  The biggest problem was not being able to hear
very well, so I occasionally ended up running on top of other stations and not
sure if others were calling me or them.  It would be easier if the exchange had
to include their call as well (as some contests require).  My main interest was
in working more states to try for my WAS on 160m.  I think I picked up about 10
new ones.

Thanks to all those who took time to listen for me and hope to see you in the
next one.

73,

Jerry
VE6CNU