[3830] CQ160 CW N6WG Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6wg@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N6WG Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 17:22:58 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Newark CA
Operating Time (hrs): 23

Total:  QSOs = 237  State/Prov = 40  Countries = 3  Total Score = 23,908

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was a bit more fun that the ARRL 160, as conditions were
much quieter this time.  Possibly due to the rain over this
weekend.

In spite of conditions, I just managed a new personal best by
a slim 344 points.  This beats my 2005 score and raises the bar
by a little bit.  I had hoped to at least equal my previous best,
but there were so many stations missing that I have worked in the
past.  Also, while relatively quiet, conditions still weren't
that great.  Never heard Alaska or anything in the Caribbean.

The highlight for me was breaking a pileup on RW0CWA and getting
the QSO with my 5w.  Got him on my third call.  Almost makes up
for missing KL7.

I'm forcing myself to CQ more, even when it seems counter-
productive.  When I've worked every CQing station I can hear,
there's nothing left for me to do but CQ too.  Got several new
mults that way, so I'm getting more comfortable with the idea.

Hope to see a good turnout for the CQ WW DX SSB coming up.
Thanks for all the QSOs.
73, Bob N6WG
The Little Station with Attitude