[3830] CQ160 CW VA3DX Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va3dx@sympatico.ca
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW VA3DX Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 18:36:12 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: VA3DX
Operator(s): VA3DX
Station: VA3DX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs): 16

Total:  QSOs = 780  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 48  Total Score = 474,695

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

My amplifier died early into the contest , so went with the
FT2000D and its 200 watts output. Very surpised how well
it did. Some folks out there have good ears ! Especially the
europeans that worked me.

Best DX was EL2DX calling me when I was down around 1811.0
Saturday evening. My score is fairly close , as my old CT program
counted 4O3A as a YU  not   Montenegro.

Thanks to W7LR who honoured my request to qsy up 3 , during
his calling in a pileup on ZF2BJ . He gave me my last
state ( Montanna ) , altho I never did hear any DC stations.
Also missed VE4 and heard VE5UF  .. nil from VO2 VY1 VY0 VE8

Thanks to VO1TA for being qrv , as well VO1MP who I only
heard once. Again to Andy VE9DX for the much needed mult as well.

Conditions were very good , quiet and manners seemed to
hold up . I gave up on the ZF2BJ pile tho.. just everyone
calling continuously.

Had my sleep both nights from 1 am to 6 am , so I could have
done better.  Thanks to all the VE3  Contest Club Ontario
members for the big turnout .....

SO1R in the middle of the city , with all the hydo,cable
and telephone cables in view. No RX ant's only the Inv L .

Glenn