[3830] CQ160 CW W2IRT Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2irt@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W2IRT Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 18:54:25 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W2IRT
Operator(s): W2IRT
Station: W2IRT

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 2.5

Total:  QSOs = 140  State/Prov = 36  Countries = 22  Total Score = 28,362

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Family commitments and not-feeling-well both limited my participation this
weekend. As I'm still chasing new ones on 160, I decided to enter as a Multi-op
in order to make use of the cluster for any new band-countries, and in that
respect I was successful; I managed to snag two new ones (LX7I and T93J). In
fact, I never did use the cluster for making stateside Q's but so it goes, I
guess.

The band was wide open to Europe on Friday night, but virtually nothing from
across the pond was coming in on Saturday. I had a couple of decent stateside
runs going on Saturday night (thanks to other FRCers for working me) and I did
have fun in the limited time I was able to be on. Hopefully next year I'll be
in better shape for all three topband contests. 160 is very clearly shaping up
to be my favourite band.