[3830] CQ160 CW TF4M Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, otradalur@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW TF4M Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 00:59:14 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: TF4M
Operator(s): TF4M
Station: TF4M

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Otradalur
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 230  State/Prov = 6  Countries = 44  Total Score = 60,700

Club:

Comments:

My first time in the contest and a great learning experience.

Many fine signals on the band, but I had great trouble being heard even by the
strongest stations.

I heard many JA stations, but they never heard me calling.

K1TTT picked me up on the first call though, he must have a beverage pointed to
TF!

It is painfully clear that my reception far outperforms my tx signal.

I plan to build new TX antennas closer to the sea.  My tx antenna is 500 meters
inland situated in a valley so it is shielded by mountains in several
directions.

I have a very quiet location and I can hear extremely weak signals with perfect
copy even though they are not workable.

Sunday had a massive storm and my open wire feeders kept shorting out so did
not get back on until late afternoon again.

TX: FT1000mp MkV + Emtron DX-3 at 1KW, YCCC Double L fed with 800 meters (2,400
feet) of open wire feeders.

RX: reversible Beverage to JA , 'dipole' with 100meter legs lying on the
ground.

Thor, TF4M
www.tf4m.com