[3830] CQ160 CW W8JI Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8ji@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W8JI Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 12:59:55 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W8JI
Operator(s): VE7ZO, K1ZZI, W8JI, W8XR, WA2MBP, WW4LL
Station: W8JI

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 1889  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 78  Total Score = 1,125,400

Club: Southeast DX Club

Comments:

Everyone had lots of fun and that is what is most important. We had a great
team.

Very few problems despite having prototype keying multiplexers and lockouts for
the multiplier station that were plugged in just minutes before the contest.
With a few changes the microprocessor controlled lockouts and keying delay
system will be perfect.

Deeply regretted not having the new K3 that has been on order, but I hope to
have one or two before next year's contest. A stereo main receiver that is CAT
controlled is a must for next year even if we have to build our own.

Thanks to all the DX stations who were patient and kept trying to get
through the very heavy QRM. Many times, despite being on a run frequency for
hours, stateside stations would appear. This often happened during runs of
Europeans because if we listened for more than 20 seconds someone local would
start to CQ.

Most of us understand this is part of contesting, and things like that will
happen. We really thank the Europe who were patient enough to keep trying.

Highlight of the contest was being several DX stations very first USA contact
ever. This is the very best part of Ham radio.