[3830] CQ160 CW DL3YM Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gissel@fh-ludwigshafen.de
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW DL3YM Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 00:14:45 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: DL3YM
Operator(s): DL3YM
Station: DL3YM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Karlsruhe
Operating Time (hrs): 16.0

Total:  QSOs = 413  State/Prov = 7  Countries = 48  Total Score = 108,295

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Doing the CQWW-160 low power from a city lot is a real challenge!

Building an inverted L for the contest took much longer than planned, as I had
massive interaction with my 40 meter wire vertical which uses the same support.
I ended up with a construction similar to the bizarre set-up I used during the
Stew-Perry: 15m vertical and a zig- zag horizontal wire sloping from 15 to 3
meters height, covering all directions from South-West via East to North.
Finished the antenna shortly before the contest while fiddling about wires in
the dark black night â?¦

Happy to work 11 NA on Saturday morning although the antenna is completely
blocked by the house in that direction. If I am in your log you have proof that
your RX-capabilities are excellent, hi. I felt condx were much worse on Saturday
night and early Sunday. No US at all and it was surely frustrating not even
being heard by close in Europeans. Topband is always good for some surprises,
though, and I was delighted to work UP0L right at his sunrise and to crush
through the pile on 7X0RY shortly before the sun went up at my location.

Thanks all who tried to hear me â?? I appreciated DX responding with a ?,
indicating that they heard something at least even if they could not pull me
trough.

Sure enough, I had fun! Tnx all for a great experience.