[3830] NA Sprint CW K6UFO QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K6UFO QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 20:24:38 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K6UFO
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: K6UFO

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:   31
   40:   45
   20:   40
---------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Another character-building QRP experience.
Ouch, it took 9 minutes to get my first QSO,
but after that it wasn't too bad. I couldn't
get many answers to my CQ's, so lots of S&P.
I dreaded moving up to 40m and then 80m,
where I feel weak up there with just a wire. But
the QSO numbers and rate sheet says I should've
moved sooner - live and learn. As QRP, I
feel like I'm getting mashed by the big
signals and beaten in all the pileups, but
I'm happy anytime to break 100 QSOs in a QRP
Sprint. While its usually strong signals that
can be worked, there's always some good ears
out there to surprise me. Very nice to work
ZF2BJ while QRP in a Sprint!

K6UFO "Mork"
"Mork"

2el yagi at 40ft for 20m
Wire loop and tuner for 40m and 80m
Yaesu FT-1000MP turned down to 5w
Writelog software

QSO by hour and band:
          80M     40M     20M    Total  Cumm
0000Z    ---+-   ---+-     28       28     28
0100Z       -       9      12       21     49
0200Z       -      34       -       34     83
0300Z      31       2       -       33    116

Total:     31      45      40