[3830] NA Sprint CW N9NB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, trappaport@austin.rr.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N9NB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 16:13:43 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: N9NB
Operator(s): N9NB
Station: N9NB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   77
   40:   92
   20:   40
---------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: Austin Powers Lowfers

Comments:

Thanks to N3BB's long distance troubleshooting help just before the contest, I
finally have the TR logging SW working as needed.  I'm looking forward to
trying it out in the Thursday night practice sessions.

I discovered that the TR logging program records mulitipliers in the log sheet
differently than what I enter on the exchange line of the program.  For
example, ZF2BJ would send his multiplier as "CI", and I type this into the
exchange line, but the logger enters it as "ZF" in the log .DAT file. Similarly
for VE9DX, where he sent "MAR"  (I typed this into the exchange line in the
logger)  but the logger program enters the exchange QTH in the log as "MA" (and
counted a multiplier as Massachusettes!). Several VE3's sent ON or ONT, but the
logger records this as "Ve3" in the log, even though I type ON or ONT in the
exchange line.  I hope that the log-checker SW takes all this into account!!
Otherwise, what to do? I manually changed "MA" for my VE9 Contact to "Ve1".
Didnt know what to do about "CI" or "ON", etc, so I kept it as "ZF" and "Ve3",
as I assume the log checker will follow the multiplier format that is used in
writing to the TR log ...Is this the right thing to do?? Will this cause Qso's
to be tossed out by autolog checking? On 40m and 80m, I worked a few FOC folks
who gave me their FOC member number as their Qso number!  Are these considered
valid Qso's? Sure hope so, as I took the time to work them but I doubt they are
submitting logs. Should I avoid these kinds of Qs in the future?

The propagation on 20m here in VA was nteresting at the start. It was long into
California, but stations in Georgia and FL also popped in sporadically.
It was great working several of the CTDXCC High Power Hipsters and Low Power
Lowfers on the bands.

N9RV called me with just a few minutes to go for my 42nd mult on 80m. Thanks
Pat! Was happy to get every multiplier I heard during the evening. Low antennas
(max height 30') at this temporary QTH still make "winning" a jump ball
impossible, but this builds character, right?! I feel the old contest juices
starting to percolate again, was a great feeling this evening to have things
working properly. Looking forward to Thursday nights...73 Ted N9NB