[3830] MnQP N8II Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MnQP N8II Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 08:40:49 -0800
                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 4

  160:      0        0
   80:      0        0
   40:     63        4
   20:     18        4
   15:      0        0
   10:      0        0
    6:
    2:
-------------------------
Total:     81        8  Mults = 46  Total Score = 7,820

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

What a wonderful time to send mobiles into every corner of the state thru
 the ice, snow, and cold! You Minnesotans are either a very hardy bunch or
 very crazy, or both! The Freeze Your Butt Off contest was the same
 weekend; you probably deprived a Minnesotan of winning that one. Perhaps
 you should combine contests. Seriously, a big thank you to all of the
 mobiles who drove many miles to put the rare unpopulated counties on
 the air; it was more than one could reasonably expect, especially in
 mid-winter. My only regret was not having full time to devote to the
 party; I had to QRT at 20Z to head off to work; temp here at commute
 time was around 50, and it was sunny and windless.
   Signals from the mobiles on 40 were pretty weak here around midday
 and 20 was marginal with just a few loud signals in and out. The day
 before the MnQP by contrast featured solid loud signals on 20
 from W9MSE/M and W0GXQ. Activity could have been better from the home
 stations, and have you guys forgotten about phone? I couldn't get
 many answers to phone CQ's, especially on 40. On CW, maybe a dozen
 satations answered CQ's, but I didn't spend much time CQ'ing in favor
 of S&P for the rare counties. Several new ones were worked. Many
 thanks to W9MSE, N0EO, NE9U, W0AA, N0IJ, AC0W and the others for their
 efforts.