[3830] RTTY WPX AA4U SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, AA4U@mchsi.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX AA4U SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 19:07:29 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: AA4U
Operator(s): AA4U
Station: AA4U

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Alabama
Operating Time (hrs): 30.0

   80:  175   452
   40:  306  1040
   20:  417   921
   15:   41    91
   10:
-----------------
Total:  939  2504  Prefixes = 427  Total Score = 1,069,208

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

It's been 3 years since I was able to put in a serious effort. In the meantime,
I re-designed the station layout and did some work on the antenna farm. The
goal this year was to beat my previous score (isn't that everyone's goal?) and
figure out if my station was ergonomic enough or needed further improvements.
On both counts it was a BIG success !!!

 On Saturday afternoon, I experienced a terrible noise source that seemed to
wipe out signals on all bands. It turns out my neighbor has a new (illegal) CB
amplifier that must put out 10 KW !!! Luckily the interference only lasted
about 10 minutes, but sure seemed like an eternity. We'll need to come to an
'understanding' during the next RTTY contest.

 I was thrilled to see the amount of activity on the bands. Many were familiar
callsigns, along with a multitude of new ones as well. Thank you for all the
Q's. I don't have a BIG GUN station, nor am I a Little Pistol... more like a
sawed off shotgun. However, I was able to work 7Z1SJ, E21YDP & 4U1UN on 20
meters through massive pile-ups.

 Looking forward to more RTTY activity in the upcoming year.