[3830] RTTY WPX K0TG(@W0AIH) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0tg@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX K0TG(@W0AIH) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 20:07:54 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: K0TG
Operator(s): K0TG
Station: W0AIH

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 30

   80:  326   834
   40:  438  1408
   20:  497  1069
   15:   24    58
   10:    4    10
-----------------
Total: 1289  3379  Prefixes = 489  Total Score = 1,652,331

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

What a blast!  It was great to finally be able to spend the whole weekend on
this one.  In the past couple years it was always something coming up to
interfere with plans.  This year everything was in phase work-wise, etc.  I had
some great rates and things were clicking along nicely. It would have been fun
to operate more than the 30 hours SO's can operate.  At least it ended on a
high note with two new mults in the log right at the end.

I was surprised to see some signals on 10 around 2100Z Saturday.  I think the
band was probably open to more than just SA as I found N4IG on there with a
nice signal along with the SA stations on 10.  To bad more did not try.  But
then 15 was not all that great in the northern latitudes either.

Saturday evening when I finished operating for the day (I had to same some of
my 30 hours for the next day) I looked at Email and saw a note about the Live
Scores website.  So I looked into installing that in my laptop I was using
Writelog on and it was so easy!  So I sent my scores up to that Sunday.  When I
have the chance, I will do that again.  I was using my laptop with a Sprint card
so I had Internet access, otherwise The Farm can only use dialup.

I have seen 40 in better shape in the past, signals were really shaky the 2nd
day, but it could not have been all bad.  It was my 2nd best band QSO wise and
best band for points.  40 had the fewest prefixes of the top 3 active bands.
You get more points for QSO's on 80/40.

Band  Prefixes
80    142
40    136
20    201
15    8
10    2

I was disappointed that I could not get anything going rate wise on 80 the 2nd
evening.

Man it was COLD out there this weekend.  Temps in the -teens tons of wind
whipping around and wind chill temps around -35.  Whew!  I went out to the car
to get something and just about froze my eyeballs!  It gets breezy on the
hill!

Thanks to Paul and Mary for the use of the station and their hospitality.  I
was happy that we did most of the Single OP setup while I was out for the CQ
160 contest.  It is no small task to make a MultiOp station a single OP
station.

Will be back out for ARRL DX CW next weekend.

73, John  K0TG