[3830] RTTY WPX VE3XD/W4(@W4GAC) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX VE3XD/W4(@W4GAC) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 04:50:10 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: VE3XD/W4
Operator(s): KB9LXM KP2N KP2W N2ESP VE3XD
Station: W4GAC

Class: M/S HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 28

   80: 1242    66
   40:  328  1448
   20:  818  1846
   15:   74   210
   10:    6    17
-----------------
Total: 1242  3587  Prefixes = 510  Total Score = 1,829,370

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

I had been looking for a new location to operate as doing the hamstick thing
with a battery powered rig from the car was getting to be a bit old. So Ron
KP2N offered me the use of the St. Petersburg ARC (SPARC) club station W4GAC
for the weekend. In addition several club members offered their services to
operate and get more experience with RTTY contesting.So we launched a M/S HP
effort.

Only one significant glitch appeared at the beginning of the contest when the
mult station computer crashed and could not be revived. This resulted in us
using only the run station which doubled as a mult station during the slower
times. As running was quite successful I don't think we lost out too much given
the restrictions in the rules for band changes on the mult station.

In all a successful venture especially as some of the ops had prior commitments
at the Orlando hamfest which affected most of Saturday.

A special thanks to Ron KP2N, Bernie KP2W, Pete KB9LXM, Bob N2ESP and Don VE3XD
who all took part in the event. Thanks too to the SPARC club who generously gave
of their station for the weekend.

73, Don VE3XD/W4

Station:
Yaesu Mark V Field, AL-811H at 500 watts
Tennadyne T-8 Log Periodic at 65', homebrew vertical for 40m, dipoles for
40/80
Writelog