[3830] ARRLDX CW V31TP M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rb@austin.rr.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW V31TP M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 17:05:53 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: V31TP
Operator(s): WC0W, K5PI
Station: V31TP

Class: M/S HP
QTH: San Ignacio, Belize
Operating Time (hrs): 47

  160:  198    43
   80:  743    54
   40: 1273    59
   20: 1352    58
   15: 1008    58
   10:   93    16
-------------------
Total: 4667   288  Total Score = 4,021,920

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to WC0W for inviting me down again to his cousin's FB hotel, Cahal Pech,
again this year.  There were only the two of us, so we went M/S and nobody got
too worn out.

We lost a little over an hour due to a power failure mid-day on Sunday and an
amp transplant, but just about everything worked great.  This is a something of
a Field Day setup with antennas on an old pool deck.  We had a TA-33JR, 40/80
inverted vee, and a modified Butternut HF2 for 160.  We set up a 400 foot
beverage that worked great, and also put together a 10M dipole so we could keep
an ear on the band with an IC-706.

Setup went quickly and we had a great time seeing the sites -- caves, rivers,
rain forests, etc.  What a great place!

Robert K5PI