[3830] ARRLDX CW PT7AG(PY8AZT) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, py8azt@uirapuru.org
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW PT7AG(PY8AZT) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 17:34:48 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: PT7AG
Operator(s): PY8AZT
Station: PT7CB

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Fortaleza
Operating Time (hrs): 36

  160:
   80:  293    52
   40:  587    54
   20:  847    57
   15:  575    52
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total: 2303   216  Total Score = 1,492,344

Club: Uirapuru DX Club

Comments:

Great Contest as usual! Pileups with W/VE stations are graceful to manager, even
on low bands.

First night nothing but slow rate and I hard work to keep me wake. After 10
hours, I had only 500 Q's on the log. Ok, it's Low Power, but it was smelling
bad.

I could not figure out the problem until Saturday morning: the 40m antenna was
beamming to wrong direction (Africa) and I got only huge station from
USA/Canada on the log.

On the day lights, all gone very well! Strong opening on 20 and 15m.

But 10m keeps closed like a thumb. The second radio ware tuned on 28025 listen
for Argentinos. On Sunday finally I listen K5NA calling him. I get quick ready
for calling him little down on the band. Bingo, 1 QSO and 1 Mult on 10m! More
10min calling and NOTHING!! Gave up ang got back to 15m.

Thanks for nice QSO and see you on SSB leg.

Best 73

Luc, PY8AZT