[3830] ARRLDX CW KD2MX SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kd2mx@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW KD2MX SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 18:20:05 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KD2MX
Operator(s): KD2MX
Station: KD2MX

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 17

  160:    4     4
   80:   34    25
   40:   86    51
   20:  151    55
   15:   29    20
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  304   155  Total Score = 141,360

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

FT-897, 100W, ~600' loop @25ft.   My score is barely more than half of last
year's.  More than 100 fewer Qs.  I thought conditions were pretty lousy,
especially the first night.  20M seemed to be a struggle for much of both days.
 Also, I didn't have as much time either night and I felt that must've cut into
my score.  But the big difference was 15M.  I don't think I have one EU in the
15M log and that pretty much made the difference in both Qs and multipliers
from last year.  At least the band was open some to the south and west.  My 80M
& 20M results were a bit off from last year but I might've exceeded those
results had I spent some more time.  40M was pretty even.  I even had more
multipliers this year.  10M was a big zero.  My only hope was catching 4U1UN,
which is only about 20 miles from my QTH, but I didn't check the band more than
a few times and don't know if he bothered trying.  4U1UN did oblige me with a
new country on 160M.  Later, things got so slow around 1900z on Sunday that I
went out for an hour or two to take a walk.  I came back to find 20M getting
lively.  Worked a few KL7s QRP, finally getting QRP WAS.   They were booming in
here, a rarity.  Then had a great run of JAs.  So the last few hours were the
best here on 20M. Finished up logging a new multiplier with 15 seconds to
spare, which is always eciting.   Please, send sunspots next year.