[3830] ARRLDX CW K1RX M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mpride@us.ibm.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K1RX M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 03:23:18 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K1RX
Operator(s): K1EO, K1EO, K1RX
Station: K1RX

Class: M/M HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  119    61
   80:  612    86
   40:  817   100
   20: 1584   110
   15:  165    73
   10:    6     5
-------------------
Total: 3303   435  Total Score = 4,306,500

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Started as a Multi 2 but the logging program apparently got corrupted and
started showing all kinds of band change violations, so early Sunday morning
after a network crash, we switched the settings to MM (3 radios) and finished
no problem.  Guess this station is so used to running MM that it just could not
deal with this "big" change!  The station was on every hour with at least one
radio going.  Seemed we all got enough sleep believe it or not!

The 80 M amp had been experiencing some issues - the smell was bad and after
several hours of breathing the "toxic" fumes, decided to take it out.  It now
sits waiting for my attention on the work bench.  The amp we used in its place
was the 20 M amp and worked flawlessly (and no smell!).

With K1EO as the master comedian, we all had plenty of laughs (as usual).  This
weekend the new K3 that K1EP brought got tested.  First we had to do something
with the AGC settings (K1EP preformed all the adjustments) to help deal with
the interstation interference (K3 was on 40 & 10).  I spent quite a bit of time
on it and was very impressed but there were some issues that on the very weak
signals, seemed tough to dig them out on 40. My point of reference is my
FT-1000D and Icom 781.  Without any doubt, it was the operator that had it
setup wrong but seemed okay in the beginning.  Need more time of the target to
really master it.

Thanks to our many friends around the world for making the contest what it
really is - a fun time, no matter how much time you put into it!

73, Mark, K1RX