[3830] ARRLDX CW N2FF SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2ff@optonline.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N2FF SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 05:00:54 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N2FF
Operator(s): N2FF
Station: N2FF

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: East Williston, NY
Operating Time (hrs): 21

  160:    0     0
   80:   56    39
   40:  127    64
   20:  242    81
   15:   55    33
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  482   218  Total Score = 314,574

Club: Order of Boiled Owls of New York

Comments:

Conditions seemed to deteriorate around 1600 Saturday as the baand became noisy
with deep QSB. All weekend there seemed to be waves of noise and QSB.  I lost a
few stations in the middle of a contact.  But I had fund with only 100 watts.

There should be a low power category in Asssited. Perhaps ssome operators don't
realize that rules fact. With the advent of "CW skimmers" (there is no way to
police their use) Asssisted may soon become a thing od the past.  If there is
high an low power in regular single op it makes no sense to punish assisted
operators by lumping them all together in one "assisted" category.  I think the
contest community needs to get over the prejudice that assisted operators are
not real operators.  It just a testosterone thing.