[3830] ARRLDX CW KL7RA M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kl7ra@ptialaska.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW KL7RA M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 09:21:32 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): KL7RA & AL7IF, NL7G, N1TX
Station: KL7RA

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Alaska
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  349    49
   80:  570    48
   40:  711    51
   20: 1580    60
   15:  154    30
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 3364   238  Total Score = 2,401,896

Club:

Comments:

24 hours of propagation on both 20 and 40 this weekend but
our usual US openings were probably cut short because of the
loud DX stations that call us after every CQ thinking we are in
the US. Then we had the fellow in the US tell us "DX only" when
we called him. But it was all good. Caught the perfect topband
East coast sunrise this trip for a FB hour or so and called a lot
of CQ's on a dead ten meter band to heat the room. 15 was poor
for us and only produced for a short run both days. It will be the
money band in a few years. Our 80 ops did a FB job but we had
gale winds with blowing snow causing a lot of snow QRN at times
the first night. Lots of down time to eat/sleep while we waited for
the bands to transition from Europe to US each day/night cycle.
You know we are doing good and working the bands out when the
calls start showing up with portable 4. This shows us we are getting
down to the retired guys in Fla with their bumper mounted whips on
the RV shooting skip to Alaska. Crew reports that had a great time
playing radio for the weekend. I sure did, fun contest. 73 Rich KL7RA