[3830] ARRLDX CW WA6L SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wa6l@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW WA6L SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 11:42:48 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: WA6L
Operator(s): WA6L
Station: WA6L

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:    8     6
   80:   24    17
   40:   62    30
   20:  104    61
   15:   62    31
   10:    8     6
-------------------
Total:  268   151  Total Score = 121,404

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

As it always seems to happen, my plan to spend 30 hours in the chair was
thwarted by real life.  On the other hand, the time I did get to spend
operating was a lot of fun!

There were some nice openings to EU in the mornings, and both 20 and 15 behaved
beautifully during the day.  Friday night saw some activity on 40, but I never
did have much luck on either 80 or 160 either night.

I worked KH6LC on 6 bands (thanks, Lloyd!), and I worked Kurt, VP9/W6PH on 3
bands.  I also scored several new ones for me, including 4U1UN who had a great
signal but no ears.

Chasing VP6DX was also a lot of fun.  I spent 30 minutes getting through the
pileup on 40 meters, but got him on the first call on 10 and 160.  I also took
some time to get them on SSB where I could.

Worked the K2 into a half-kilowatt amp on 10-80; barefoot on 160.  Software was
Writelog.

I will not be around for most of the SSB contest in March, but will get on when
I can.

73,

John, WA6L