[3830] ARRLDX CW N7WA SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N7WA SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 19:29:06 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N7WA
Operator(s): N7WA
Station: N7WA

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:  190    48
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  190    48  Total Score = 27,360

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

February obligations to the my local Ham Club prevent me from giving this test
my all so I decided to go Single Band 40 this year. That way I could plink away
in the dark hours and after my Saturday meetings. It was also a chance to learn
the band in a bit more detail. It's surprising what shows up in the daylight
hours on 40M.

Remember when you were learning to be a ham and they said, "If you can't hear
'em, you can't work 'em", Well, this was the contest of... if THEY can't hear
YOU, you can't work 'em either. :>) I heards plenty of stations that didn't
hear me - particularly in Europe. Then, there were a number of times I got
tangled up in a Q that just was not going to turn out anyway but busted on
their side. So, I would just dump the Q and sometimes I got 'em later. In all,
I figure there were about another 10 European mults that I heard and just
couldn't make the deal on. On the other hand, a pleasant surprise was the
number of very worakable 5 watt JA's including my good friend JR1NKN/W7KN.

It was fun... in a masochistic kind of way :>)

cheers
dink, n7wa