[3830] ARRLDX CW EE5E(@EA5RS) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ea5rs@ono.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW EE5E(@EA5RS) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 14:52:34 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: EE5E
Operator(s): EA5BY EA5FID EA5GTQ K1DG EA5RS
Station: EA5RS

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Punta Prima 38N 0,5W
Operating Time (hrs): 47,5

  160:   92    28
   80:  478    48
   40: 1273    57
   20: 1323    60
   15:  103    22
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 3269   215  Total Score = 2,108,505

Club: LYNX DX GROUP

Comments:

Worked a lot putting up new antennas the week before the contest. We even had
Alex KU1CW help us with the 40m Yagi on Wednesday before the contest while
visiting his brother Yuri (EA5GTQ). Funny they were attended in Russian by the
cofee shop girl when we went there for a hot drink after finishing the antenna
work !!!

We had Doug K1DG again with us this year and also Yuri EA5GTQ as a new
operator.

160m (28m high shunt-fed tower) - Dissapointing to say the least, heavy QSB and
QRN the second night prevented us from reaching our '07 results. Best DX was
K7NJ in UT. Surprised by little interaction between this antenna and the yagis
on the very same tower (confirming K8IA's infos). Receiving antennas are a high
priority for '09

80m (inverted V @ 20m) - Also suffered from heavy QRN; we are definetely not
very competitive on this band. Worked many CAs but almost no W7s

40m (OB2-40 @ 25m) - This band was our workhorse as 20m opened late and closed
early. We felt strong on this band. New antenna worked great

20m (OB11-3 @ 28m & A3 @ 20m) - No matter how hard we try on this band, our F
competition always beats us in QSOs,  we are pretty sure they enjoy some
imposible propagation mode for our ca. 1.000 km longer path. When we started
running there the first day, all signals -including W1/2/3/4 big guns- were
just at the noise floor ... except VE6WQ with an S9+++

15m (same as above) - Extremely poor, we only had one real opening on Sunday
afternoon which lasted less than 40 min. DG really worked them very fast; rate
meter reaching 220Q/hr. This opening was very spotty with signals spanning from
S0 to S9++ for similarly equipped and located stations. There seems to be a
pipeline between TX and my QTH, they were always there.

10m - Nada

TRX - 2xFT1000MP + Acom 2000 & Alpha 76
Writelog

Looking forward to ARRL DX CW 09