[3830] NAQP RTTY N1MGO M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY N1MGO M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 07:29:26 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: N1MGO
Operator(s): N1MGO,KT1I,N1UZ, KB1LRL
Station: N1MGO

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: ma
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   80:  211    46
   40:  203    44
   20:  172    36
   15:   39    13
   10:
-------------------
Total:  625   139  Total Score = 86,875

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Bambi runs again!! just not from the hunting camp in VT, way too much snow and
cold, did not want to lug all the equipment in on snowshoes!  The operators,
N1MGO, KT1I, KB1LRL and N1UZ were supported by KB1JXJ, Pauline, who kept us fed
and watered, with plenty of home cooked meals and fresh coffee!  Propagation was
BAD and even worse on 40mtrs, which is usually one of my better bands.  Lots of
noise and fading.
The equipment and software (Writelog 10.66a) worked great!  We used an
IC-756Pro2 and IC-7000 feeding a bunch of wire dipoles in the trees, about 30
to 45 feet up.  ICE band filters worked great to keep interstation interference
to a minimum.  We chased a VT station all over the band on 80mtr, never did
catch him, and never even heard HI, NV and ND on any band.
This was lots of fun and we are looking forward to doing it all again from VT
in July.
Gordon - N1MGO, Charlie - KT1I, Ray - KB1LRL, Bill - N1UZ and Pauline - KB1JXJ.