[3830] CQ160 SSB K4RO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB K4RO Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 09:00:00 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: K4RO
Operator(s): K4RO
Station: K4RO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 1.2

Total:  QSOs = 99  State/Prov = 36  Countries = 2  Total Score = 8,854

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

I operated a little over an hour late Saturday night,
after the NAQP RTTY contest was over. Boy, there sure
are a lot of contests to choose from these days.

Highlights included being called back to back by
N6AA and K3ZO.  What other sport besides contesting
do you get to say "hello" to hall-of-fame legends?
The enthusiasm that these guys still have for radio,
after literally decades of accolades, is inspiring.
As with all the greats in any human endeavor -- they
don't love it because they're great, they're great
because they love it.

N1HTS really knows how to hang in there and complete
a very tough QSO. He is the kind of operator that I
would like on the other end of the circuit during
critical traffic handling.

The final highlight was being called by VP6DX.
To have my CQ answered by a rare DXpedition on 160
meter SSB is not an everyday occurrence at K4RO! :-)
We just never know what fun awaits us when we sit
down to do a little contest operating.

73

-Kirk  K4RO