[3830] NAQP RTTY KI5XP(@W5WMU) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, cfmorris@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY KI5XP(@W5WMU) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 09:44:56 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: KI5XP
Operator(s): KI5XP
Station: W5WMU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Lafayette, La.
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

   80:  147    46
   40:  258    52
   20:  302    48
   15:   32    13
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  840   160  Total Score = 134,400

Club: Cajun Contest Club

Team: SWACC #1

Comments:

Great contest, but bad conditions!  I was really worried that 15 never seemed to
get off the ground.  I spent the first few hours cq'ing there, and would only
pick up a 6 or 7 every now and then.  However it seemed they were working the
mess out of the east coast.  Don had mentioned that if the west coast caught on
with 15, it would be a great benefit to them.

I switched over to 40 early, way early!  Like Shelby said, I dont recall
switching to 40 at 20z, but my first one came at 20:39z, and when I got there,
there were others already cq'ing.  It turned out to be great, as 40 was my
biggest qso band again.  20 died like a stuck pig, with my last q at 23:37z.  I
switched back and forth from 20 back to 15 to see, but once 20 was mainly dupes,
it was time to start 80, at 5:30 local time!

I didnt receive a single B4 message, which was great!  I admit that I busted a
few calls and called stations that when I realized I'd busted the call and it
was a dupe, they went right on ahead and worked me.  I kept them in the log, so
I hope they did the same.  Lots of people calling out of order which busts up
the rythmn, with the strangest ones being 2 guys who sent 599, their state,
their name, (all multiple times) and then their call once.  So they get the
ole' F2, F3 enter treatment each time.  Some come back and qsl it, some just
dont come back.

I didnt remember as many people being as spread out on 40 as they were for this
one.  I recall that one time I'd mentioned that I totally forgot about working
40m at 7.030 and when I went down there, there were cq'ing stations!  Of
course, this angered all the CW stations, but there was RTTY from 7.035 all the
way up to 7.100.  Had a few CW stations QRL while they clearly heard RTTY, but I
guess it doesnt count if its a different mode, because they went right on ahead
and called CQ.

Thanks to everyone for the q's, sorry for the ones that I busted or had to ask
for repeats.  See yall in the next one!

Charlie