[3830] CQ160 SSB HG8DX Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB HG8DX Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 01:16:51 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: HG8DX
Operator(s): HA4FF,HA8DJ,HA8DU,HA8DZ,HA8EK,HA8FM,HA8FW
Station: HG8DX

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: SZEGES
Operating Time (hrs): 25

Total:  QSOs = 1066  State/Prov = 28  Countries = 73  Total Score = 599,637

Club:

Comments:

RIG? IC 781 + LA    ANT: 40 M HIGHT VERTICAL & 8X BEVERAGE (3 LAMDA)

Very poor conds to North America during first night - Saturday morning closed
with
9 state/prov only. Sunday morning brings the breakthru: a 30 minutes long
US/VE pileup helped us to catch 28 state/prov at the end.

Total QSO number about the same vs last year, DXCC mults improved a bit -
except Asia and Africa.

HG3DX - a similar callsign to our HG8DX, was active in the contest too. This
causes some strange comments in the band and cluster: "HG8DX has two signals
in the band, in the same time". Commentants missed the number in the
callsign only... (I am wondering on theirs UBN QSO rate.)

Antenna setup consists of  7 Beverages, 540m each, a fullsize quarterwave
vertical and a horizontal loop for Eu.

on behalf of the team

Des, HA8DZ