[3830] CQ160 SSB CN3A Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ik2qei@jumpy.it
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB CN3A Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 14:02:15 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: CN3A
Operator(s): IK2QEI IK2SGC CN8WW
Station: CN3A

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Safi Morocco
Operating Time (hrs): 24

Total:  QSOs = 718  State/Prov = 39  Countries = 67  Total Score = 753,342

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Another great experience from our CN3A Contest Station.
After less then 2 years of our new Contest Station opening we made the first
CQWW 160 SSB as Multisingle.

We flout to Marocco Feb. 21 and we start the same day to built up from zero our
best solution antenna for 160mt.

We decide to utilize a 18 mt. fiber and we put it on 18 mt. tower to create
approx. 36 Mt. vertical with approx. 100 radials.

At the same time CN8WW Said started to implement 2  200Mt. beverages, one into
the NA direction one into Europe.

After less than 5 hours an lot of test with great Mini VNA check we were able
to be on the air to test all the new system ready
for the competition.

Friday morning we fixed some additional radials and we work a little for the
next March WPX SSB '08.

We started CQWW 160 and immediately we realize that our beverage system was
very powerful especially with the US/VE (all over we did 180 qso`s with USA).

We had the best rate the second night with 77 qso per hour, during US sunset.
Not to bad !!! for a tough and so difficult band.

Our main goal was to win the contest, first of all, and beat the 3V8BB  1999
record in the MS category.

We realize that we were in a good shape to win but too far away the second
night to over pass the record, may be we have to wait VP6DX score! They are
rocking!

Sunday night was very difficult due the fact that in Europe they had a lot of
noise, our signal was not strong enough to by pass qrm so it was impossible to
have at the end 100 qso more to beat the record.

The great qso's to remain are with the west cost US/Canada, 2 with California,
Arizona and a great one from New Mexico.

After the second night with VP6DX into the log an a real 59 +30 report we had
the incredible opportunity to have a 4 min. chat with them. Really incredible
VP6DX  was loud and clear and the feeling was great.

The sensation we had after the contest was that our transmit antenna was pretty
good, probably 10 mt. more to get more efficiency are necessary next time,
we can improve next time also the directions and the length of our beverages
especially into Europe but....sometimes was impossible to have an answer from
East Cost and Cental US due the fact they are not able to listen.

Too many US/VE are running only "local" stations, the signals we received were
very good but there was no way to receive an answer.
We hope an improvement next year.

As usual we would like to thanks SV8CS and ARRAM for the support and all the
fellows we contacted.

See you next WPX SSB 08 as 5D5A

Stefano IK2QEI and Matteo IK2SGC