[3830] ARRLDX CW T32OU M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n7ou@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW T32OU M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 20:07:57 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: T32OU
Operator(s): N7OU, W7YAQ
Station: T32OU

Class: M/S LP
QTH: East Kiribati
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  164    37
   80:  347    49
   40:  921    59
   20:  738    53
   15:  862    51
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 3032   249  Total Score = 2,264,904

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

We operated from the Captain Cook Hotel on the north shore of Christmas Island,
East Kiribati. We used a TS570 barefoot and verticals within a couple meters of
high tide: a MAV160, HF9V, a 40m wire vertical, and a 2 element vertical Moxon
dipole array for 15m. We had a similar Moxon antenna for 20m but couldn't get
it to play for some mysterious reason. Local noise was another problem for us
on 20m, but not the other bands. We monitored 10m at the appropriate times but
only heard our rivals up in KH6. Many thanks to all the great and enthusiastic
cw ops out there. QSL via N7OU.
73 and CU from the next one, Bill N7OU and Bob W7YAQ