[3830] ARRLDX SSB NN3W(@N3HBX) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nn3w@cox.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB NN3W(@N3HBX) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 18:18:20 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: NN3W
Operator(s): NN3W
Station: N3HBX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 43
Radios: SO2R

  160:   44    35
   80:  234    67
   40:  310    76
   20: 1123   105
   15:  123    46
   10:   38     8
-------------------
Total: 1872   337  Total Score = 1,887,537

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks as always to John Evans N3HBX for letting me use the Poolesville, MD,
QTH.

I wrote two weeks ago about how bad conditions were in the CW test.  I would
have paid for those conditions this weekend.  EEKS!

Lost Tower 4 on Saturday afternoon which holds the 6/6/6 20 stack.  The relays
on the rotator motor fused and it began to run away.  It stopped after a ground
cable jammed the gears and motor (lucky me).  Had to use the mult tower instead
which isnt a great loss, and could use Tower 4 (with the stack pointed at 30
degrees).  Tower 4 was returned to operational status by 1700z Sunday.

I'v never hit the F1 key 10,000 times in a weekend - until this weekend.

Saturday was decent on 20 and 40 (once 20 opened at close to 1230z).  Good 80
meter openings both nights as well.  Could NEVER get any good runs going on
Sunday until 2230z on 40 meters. I worked 40 HARD and got a  significant number
of my 40 mults on CQs - many rare ones coming on Sunday evening.

Never heard any real openings either day to EU on 15, and its getting to easy
to operate a contest on one daytime band.  Sunday we were teased by 9A1UN,
9A7A, 4O3A, and a few others on 15, but the full opening never materialized.

Please, bring on the sunspots....