[3830] ARRLDX SSB GI5K(MI0LLL) SOSB/80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB GI5K(MI0LLL) SOSB/80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 01:57:39 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: GI5K
Operator(s): MI0LLL
Station: MI0LLL

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:  365    37
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  365    37  Total Score = 40,515

Club:

Comments:

2 phased verticals
FT1000MP
Alpha 99

Conditions on 80m was horrible (as everywhere), it started out ok for the first
few hours until 0400z where things slowed up, I could hear some southern
European / north African stations having a slightly better time and even went
out with the torch into the field to make sure everything was ok with the
antennas, we were getting 60mph winds that night.
As expected around my sunrise I got a good run going again, spent a few hours
on the second night up to around 0000z where things got very very slow again,
facing a long night ahead of similar and knowing this would not be a year that
I could put in a serious effort, I retired and went to bed, well done to GM3PPG
Rick and SN3A who struggled on.
Had a bit of fun S/P on the other bands and was amazed at the lack of GI
activity as for a lot of them I was a new mult, and sorry I did not make it to
160m.

73!
Chris MI0LLL
http://www.mi0lll.com