[3830] ARRLDX SSB K4RO SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K4RO SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 04:06:16 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K4RO
Operator(s): K4RO
Station: K4RO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

  160:    9     9
   80:   25    20
   40:   22    16
   20:   57    33
   15:   44    18
   10:   16     4
-------------------
Total:  173   100  Total Score = 51,900

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Abysmal conditions, perhaps the worst I've ever seen in a DX contest.
I received report after report of my "huge signal" on 20 meters, but
calling CQ was never effective during time I was on. It was fun to do
some casual S&P for a change, and I enjoyed my short time on the air.
Spent some time listening to 8P1A and a few other experts running 'em.
We had a gorgeous weekend in Tennessee, and I spent much of it outside
with the chain saw.  It sounded like this was the year to be down south
in CA & SA. The pileup on VP2E at the end sure was a rush. Managed to
make the QSO a couple of minutes before the ending bell. What fun chaos!

73

-Kirk  K4RO