[3830] ARRLDX SSB KB1H M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB KB1H M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 08:16:01 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KB1H
Operator(s): KB1H, W1TJL, AA1CE, K1EBY
Station: KB1H

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   52    37
   80:  150    63
   40:  208    70
   20: 1135   116
   15:  168    53
   10:   16     6
-------------------
Total: 1729   345  Total Score = 1,787,445

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

We figured how to beat the lousy band conditions. Do a M/2 contest with
basically three operators!  Not much rest time. The Run meter says only 42.65
hours on, 5.4 off. I am sure some of that is just not finding any QSOs but we
did take sometime off in the slooooow morning hours. Forced to three ops (K1EBY
was here 7 hours overnight Saturday/Sunday)by sickness, bad back, and a snow
storm it was time for iron butts in the chairs.  We tried to OPON and the
statistics show  KB1H for 41 hours, W1TJL for 38 hours, AA1CE for 36 hours,
and K1EBY for 7 hours.

Best rates were 57 minutes Sunday on 20M of 119/hr for KB1H and 48 minutes
Sunday on 20M of a 118/hr by W1TJL. Maximum total per hour were 115.  If I ever
doubted W1TJL as a runner it was proved wrong this weekend. W1TJL and KB1H ran
on 14160 Sunday for almost 8 hours.

Great ears goes to JA1EYL who not only dug us out of the noise on 40M but also
on 80M. Thanks for all the QSOs and we hope to get the new 150 foot tower up
this year so we do not have to be limited to a 4-Square on 40M. See you all in
the WPX contest where we will use the Barnstormers callsign NZ1U.

 73 - Dick , KB1H