[3830] ARRLDX CW OK5R(OK1RI) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ok1ri@jimaz.cz
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW OK5R(OK1RI) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 11:28:57 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: OK5R
Operator(s): OK1RI
Station: OK5R

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Brezina
Operating Time (hrs): 38

  160:  184    35
   80:  468    52
   40:  891    56
   20: 1294    58
   15:   44    16
   10:
-------------------
Total: 2881   217  Total Score = 1,875,531

Club:

Comments:

During the contest I thought that the propagation is BAD but compared to what
came 2 weeks later.... different story.
I knew that I could not seriously compete with my buddy OK1RF being CT1JLZ and
having already some antennas so the fight was for the second Eu spot. And it
was just frustrating to here him when the propagation for me was over how he
worked you guys there and I heard just NOTHING ! I just wonder how Dave G4BUO
did (again he is over 1000 km closer !!!), last year it was close, so we will
see. I was waiting for his post but finally gave up. HI !

Just for fun I was trying to compare where CT1JLZ and me are compared to US for
some idea how it might "play" there. Me in JN79 he in IM57 LOCs. So first try
was lets say I am at W0AIH where is he and my first guess was it is going to
something like VA but... OOPS !! it is 20 miles west of VP9 ! One more try
CT1JLZ at W3LPL QTH and me than it is few miles west of ND/MT border ! OK
Europe is not that small ! I could (well: almost) in the past keep up with CT8T
but he had there only tiny tribander no L antennas to speak about...

A pleasure as always and thanks for a call !

73 !

Jiri
OK1RI