[3830] OkQP W5TM Rover-Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bill@wells.net
Subject: [3830] OkQP W5TM Rover-Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 16:32:51 -0700
                    Oklahoma QSO Party

Call: W5TM
Operator(s): WW5X W5TM
Station: W5TM

Class: Rover-Assisted HP
QTH: many
Operating Time (hrs): 17

  160:
   80:      68
   40:     696
   20:     371
   15:
   10:
------------------------
Total:    1135      0  Mults = 51  Total Score = 173,655

Club: Oklahoma DX Association

Comments:

Brand new install in Ed's brand new super-duty truck (with all the options
including extra super-duper sensitive sensitive suspension so that you can feel
every bump and dip in the road).

Had all the usual associated bugs and various malfunctions one expects with a
new install including but not limited to poorly positioned equipment, RF
variably getting into in everything but the cup holders, minor antenna issues,
etc.  Despite this almost everything did work, power never failed, amp worked
like a champ, and our signal was heard with resulting deep pile-ups and mayhem.
 Overall we had a great time despite still not knowing what time it was Sunday
morning.

I wouldnâ??t let Ed operate on day one - thatâ??s what he is going to tell you.
 On the flip side, he wouldnâ??t let me drive his new truck so we are even.

Every year I read comments that say something like "15 was open, but nobody
called!" - I propose that it was not open to our part of the world this year.
Every time we fished-out a county and had a long drive with low rate I moved to
15 and called extensively and never heard anyone closer than South America.

Cant say "thanks to all the rovers" - so instead we will say "thanks to all the
stalkers" who followed us without restraining orders for the last 2 days.

There were too many calls in the log at least 6 times to mention, but some
calls became so familiar that in an unintelligible pile-up we could send one of
these and almost always get a response!  Special mention go to AB7RW, AE1T,
AE8M, K2SX, K4BAI, K4LTA, KB6TAL, KN4Y, KO1U,N0IM, N1LN, N4IG, N4JF,  N4PN,
N6MA, N6MU, N8II, N9FC, N9QS, NG7Z, OM2VL, VE3CRU, W1END, W5LE, W7OM, W8MJ,
W8WVU, WA3HAE,WB2ABD, WB8JUI.

Special mention goes to N2CU who not only logged us in nearly every county, but
9 out of 10 times he was the first entry in that county, and the unforgettable
callsign of W5ESE who I think not only logged us 9 times, but won the pileup
because of his unique sounding call in CW.  As I told Ed a few times, I just
got W5 Dit Dit Dit Dit Dit Dit Dit Dit Dit Dit Dit Dit Dit Dit Dit Dit Dit Dit
Dit Dit Dit Dit Dit Dit Dit Dit Dit Dit Dit Dit Dit Dit".

See you in Texas in 6 months, and possibly in MO in a couple of weeks!