[3830] WiQP W0ZQ SO Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WiQP W0ZQ SO Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 07:17:38 -0700
                    Wisconsin QSO Party

Call: W0ZQ
Operator(s): W0ZQ
Station: W0ZQ

Class: SO Mobile LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:  249
   40:  173
   20:   33
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
--------------------
Total:  455     0  Mults = 70  Total Score = 99,050.0

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

Being just a few weeks after the MnQP provides for a fun one-two punch.  Many
thanks to the WARAC for sponsoring this fun event.  I activated EAU, TRE, BUF,
PEP, DUN, PIE, and STC as a solo-rover using a FT-897D and a MFJ manual tune
screw driver.  I stopped in each county and deployed the screw driver with its
12' whip.  At each stop I would typically start on 20m, then move to 40m, and
then 80m.  Despite my efforts to make some noise on 20m, the band just wasnt
very good and with the exception of some 4-land stations, signals were weak.
On the other hand 80m was awesome as it was productive all day long and gave me
67 Q's from my last stop in STC. The weather this time around was March perfect,
nearly 30 degrees, mostly sunny and no wind - a very nice day to be out and
about in the rolling hills of Wisc.   Many thanks to all that called.  After
the MnQP where first names are used, I found myself repeating everyones names
in my head.  73, Jon.