[3830] WiQP N8II SO Fixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8ii@aol.com
Subject: [3830] WiQP N8II SO Fixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 06:07:03 -0700
                    Wisconsin QSO Party

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SO Fixed HP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 5

  160:    0      0
   80:   54     50
   40:   63     60
   20:    1      0
   15:    0      0
   10:    0      0
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
--------------------
Total:  118    110  Mults = 59  Total Score = 13,452.0

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This was fun! There was plenty of home station activity and the mobiles turned
out in probably record numbers driving thru the subfreezing cold on "frost
heaved roads" as one described it. I probably ran too many stations on SSB
because looking back there were very few counties I worked on phone that didn't
eventually turn up on CW, but that added to the fun factor. Around 20Z, the
condx on 40 seemed to take a nose dive and I had worked out the home stations,
so I took off about an hour and walked the dog which I regretted later because
the pace was pretty fast the rest of the party. Mobiles W0ZQ and W0AA were
pretty weak here then and most of the rest of the time; the ionosphere must
have had a bias towards 9s',Hi! My QTH is at the eastern tip of WV, far from
WI, but a check of 80M around 2110Z showed I should have checked it sooner as
there were some strong signals there already. The local sunset here was not
until 2315Z. 80 CW was full of mobile acivity right up to the end; we all could
have used a few more minutes. Not enough BIC to do really well, but I will
return next year probably LP to make a more serious effort.