[3830] OkQP K0K(W5IF) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w5if@valornet.com
Subject: [3830] OkQP K0K(W5IF) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 18:29:39 -0700
                    Oklahoma QSO Party

Call: K0K
Operator(s): W5IF
Station: W5IF

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Purcell
Operating Time (hrs): 17

  160:
   80:     11        13
   40:      3       570
   20:             1096
   15:                1
   10:
------------------------
Total:     14      1680  Mults = 71  Total Score = 241,542

Club: Oklahoma DX Association

Comments:

Wow, what a great QSO party.  Almost didn't enter as I had a cold the week
before and didn't know how well the voice would hang in.  Thanks goodness for
the new voice keyer.

Saturday was busy with 20 meter being a great band.  Had several runs on
Saturday that lasted for hours.  Lots of activity from all over, even some DX
stations competing this year.  Kept checking 15 meters and nothing, had my one
contact and that was the only station I could muster.  Then went to 40 meters
Saturday evening and signals were great.  Got a little crowded but was able to
find a spot and camp out.  Had some good runs on 40 also.

Sunday was totally different, worked some 80....yes even CW (Thanks to N4PN
goading me  HI HI)  80 played out quickly then to 40 meters and that was pretty
good Sunday morning.  Once it died went to 20 and it seemed to take forever for
20 meters to get cranking. But once it did, I only had to use the voice keyer a
few times to call CQ and the pileups would begin.

I think these QSO party's are a great way to get new people going.  I can't
name the number of times I heard "your my first Oklahoma", or "your my first
contact".  It was great.  Lots of young hams out there that haven't quite
grasped using phonetics for their calls and tried to take the time to explain
it will go a lot faster with phonetics.

All in all a wonderful time....had fun chasing the rovers when I could hear
them, which was not very often.  Voice has recouped so am ready for next year.
Kudos to the OKDXA !

ps - Judging from the amount of QSL cards the last two days, am sure the
mailman believes I have hit the lottery and found a bunch of lost relatives !!!