[3830] Rus DX NG7Z SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX NG7Z SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 05:34:10 -0700
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: NG7Z
Operator(s): NG7Z
Station: NG7Z

Class: SO CW LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 8.6

  160:
   80:   27               3
   40:   97              14        1
   20:  115              10        5
   15:    8               4
   10:
Total:  247     0        31        6  Total Score = 25,974

Club:

Comments:

For as much time as I spent on this contest, I sure don't have the contacts to
show for it. Very disappointing results on 80M. I couldn't buy a contact.
Seemed there was one way skip on that band to the Pacific NW. East coast
stations were loud but I gave up after numerous "no answers" and many requests
for repeats. 40M was much better after 6pm local. Prior to that, one way skip
seemed to be the order of the day. Again, east coasters were loud but since it
was still light here, they had a hard time hearing me. So I spent more time on
20M. If there was an opening to EU Sat morning, I must have missed it because
they were very light by 11am local. Had a ham club meeting I didn't want to
miss. Bright spot was working a couple of VKs on 40M early Sun morning and
picking up some oblasts on 20M late Sat afternoon. Never could hear deep RU
stations either on 20M or 40M. Sure hope the sunspots get here sooner rather
than later.
Thanks for the q's and see you in the BARTG next weekend as W7MRC.

Equipment at NG7Z superstation.
IC-756P3, C3 at 60ft, 40-2CD at 50ft, wires for low bands, tired old TRlog on
DOS laptop. No spotting used. 100% VFO control.

73 Paul NG7Z