[3830] Rus DX N7ZG(@N7WA) SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX N7ZG(@N7WA) SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 17:05:28 -0700
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: N7ZG
Operator(s): N7ZG
Station: N7WA

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: WWA
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:   32      1        9         1
   40:  100              23         6
   20:  132     89       36        14
   15:    3      1        4
   10:
Total:  265     91       72        21  Total Score = 124,620

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

I decided to operate this one from my buddy Mike "Dink" Dinkelman's QTH.  This
was a good decision.   Mike's 100 foot tower sports a 2 element shorty forty at
100 feet and a C31XR at 90 feet for the high bands.  Also, on a side mount is a
TH6 at 60 ft for working mults.   I didn't bother much with the second radio as
15 didn't open up much so this one was basically a 20/40 affair.  There wasn't
much of a quality prop overlap on these bands from here.  My mult totals were
down on 20 over last year, but 40 more than made up for it.

Yea, the bands weren't great but I agree with other contesters sentiment on the
Russian DX.   This one will be great when the solar cycle ramps up.  Also, cool
was the number of casual phone ops (ostensibly newly licensed) that were
willing to hand out Q's.  K6AM details this in his post.  I had a similar
experience.

Thanks again to Mike and Diane for hosting me.   It's always great to operate
from there.

I've sold both of my rigs and I'm waiting for my pair of K3's to show up.  I'm
worried about having them in time for WPX CW.  Fingers are crossed.