[3830] Rus DX M6T(G4PIQ) SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX M6T(G4PIQ) SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 11:37:53 -0700
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: M6T
Operator(s): G4PIQ
Station: G0KPW

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: JO02RF
Operating Time (hrs): 23.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   148    37       43        31
   80:   385   229       68        61
   40:   320   117       74        51
   20:   419   499       85        66
   15:    42    31       46         5
   10:     5     3        7         0
Total:  1319   916      323       214  Total Score = 7,279,572

Club:

Comments:

Happy enough with this for a first attempt at this contest - surprisingly close
to the approachable competition (from this geography) so far. Several lessons
learnt and hope to apply them next year.

Firstly the good things

Lots of activity, some good runs, nothing broke

My bigest problem was that this was my first serious contest with Win-Test (the
proper packet and oblast support finally pushed me over the edge for this
contest). I need to take my TR configured SO2R brain out and put it back in the
other way round. Sent all sorts of odd messages, directed headphones to strange
places, deleted a few QSOs through operator error and generally got irritated,
but I now think I know enough to configure the program better. I saw a comment
from Scott W4PA this morning that saying almost the same thing!

Had somewhat intermittent cluster connectivity mostly during the first few
hours.

Conditions were lousy. I guess they were no worse than in the SSB ARRL
(although I wasn't active in anger for that), but - especially on Sunday, 20m
sounded like 15m, 15m sounded like 10m and 10m sounded like 24 GHz

As usual many thanks to Bob, G4BAH for the use of the station.