[3830] Rus DX OM3LA(@OM8A) SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX OM3LA(@OM8A) SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 23:51:15 -0700
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: OM3LA
Operator(s): OM3LA
Station: OM8A

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Okoc
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:   226    88       38        43
   80:   385   331       62        62
   40:   380   198       65        54
   20:   468   317       72        73
   15:   172    52       45        37
   10:
Total:  1631   986      282       269  Total Score = 9,543,320

Club:

Comments:

Big Thank to my friends for helping to repair the damaged stuff we found at the
QTH friday afternoon before the contest.

7 days before the RDXC I did catch a cold. I had fever up to 39C and felt
really bad. But 2 days before the contest my health improved and I was really
looking forward to the contest. The plan was to come over on friday afternoon,
install the second radio a play a bit on the bands, then go to bed, sleep well
and wake up on saturday and lift up 80m yagi. But the things went wrong a bit.

I met Rasto OM3BH in Bratislava. After visiting Joe OM7ZZ from Microham where I
got my MKII and some cables we had a short lunch and drived to OM8A contest
site. We got the stuff out of the cars and I started to put the station
together. Wolfgang OE3WLB was already waiting for us.
What we found was a destroyed antenna switching system probably after
lightening strike. Brano OM2KW did an excellent job and repaired the switch
just in time. Wolfgang OE3WLB made some improvements on the PA and repaired the
destroyed band pass filter - he finished his job at 3:oo in the morning. Rasto
OM3BH with Tibi OM3RM tuned the 80m yagi into ssb part of the band and lifted
the 80m yagi into its working position just in time.
BTW I had the best feeling on 80m - this yagi played extremly good. Rasto
installed beverage for NE and supported me with coffee and tee  during the
contest. Thank you Rasto.
I slept only 3,5 hours from friday to saturday and was very tired. I saw a lot
of multis in the packet window but had not enough energy to use the second
radio. I tryied but the rate went down. I decided to go for high rates. It is
easier to stay awake in pile up then when turning the tuning knob.  Thank you
for the nice contest.