[3830] NCCC Sprint N5DO LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5do@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint N5DO LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 20:51:56 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Mar 21

Call: N5DO
Operator(s): N5DO
Station: N5DO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:
   80:  12      9
   40:  24     15
   20:
-------------------
Total:  36     24  Total Score = 864

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Last week, using my workhorse FT-1000MP, there was a chirp on my signal (thanks
to  John, K4BAI, for sending an e-mail to let me know).  Since I had been
working on trying to get rid of the chirp I was disappointed to learn the chirp
hadn't been cured.  I'm afraid I will have to send the rig off someplace to let
someone else work on it.  I used an FT-897 this week (I bought the rig two
weeks ago at the Midland Swapfest to use when we go on vacation to ZF) and
would be interested to know how the signal sounded since I was using the same
power supply that I used with the  chirpy FT-1000MP.

Along with the different rig I used a different computer (the laptop I plan to
take on vacation also).  The combination of a different rig and a different
computer resulted in my making more klutzy mistakes than usual.  I have ordered
a CW filter for the FT-897, which should help, and after the NS was over I found
the delete key on the laptop, which will help as well.  Despite all this I had
my highest score in this NS ladder, thanks to a lot of mults.  It seemed like
participation was up again.

This continues to be a great way to spend 30 minutes on a Thursday night.
Thanks to everyone for the fun.