[3830] ARRLDX SSB KQ2M SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kq2m@earthlink.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB KQ2M SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 12:15:42 -0700
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KQ2M
Operator(s): KQ2M
Station: KQ2M

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 3.1

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  191    59
   15:   60    27
   10:
-------------------
Total:  251    86  Total Score = 64,758

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Just a few hours of operating time with busted antennas, but still lots of fun.
Lots of wailing and gnashing of teeth as to how bad cndx were.  Ok, here is a
little perspective.  In 1984 in ARRLDX Phone I was the 40 meter op at the M/2
of K2TR and used a 3/3 stack on 40.  Even with all that hardware, cndx were
still so horrendous (the K index was 8-9!) that I worked only SIX EU stations
ALL WEEKEND, ALL SKEWPATH, with FOUR of them on Sunday afternoon!

In addition, if I am remembering correctly, with a wire beam, we worked only
ONE EU station on 80 the first night, a G3.  There was a station in Louisiana
that was running EU all night long on 80.  He was the ONLY station running EU
on 80!

Cndx in this ARRLDX Phone were poor, but dramatically better than in 1984.
That was the worst that I have ever heard!

In a few years, these poor cndx will just be a bad memory and the most
difficult problem will be what band to operate on!

73 and tnx for the q's.

Bob KQ2M   kq2m@earthlink.net