[3830] WPX SSB WX3B M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wx3b@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB WX3B M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 19:28:51 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: WX3B
Operator(s): WX3B, N3ST, NY3A, N3YIM, N3VOP, KB3IFH
Station: WX3B

Class: M/M HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 32+

------------
  160:   82
   80:  692
   40:  470
   20: 1182
   15:    4
   10:    1
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Operators:

WX3B, N3ST, NY3A, N3YIM, N3VOP, KB3IFH

This was another fun effort at WX3B.  I enjoyed seeing my good friends playing
radio during weekend.   This effort could best be described as a limited
multi-op, with the focus on maximizing fun over score.

 Joe, N3YIM is learning that not all packet spots are GOOD ones!    Joe did an
excellent job pouncing on 20 meters and a very reliable source states that Joe
got an Official Observer notice for a prior contest at WX3B.  This has a twist:
 it was a POSITIVE COMMENT on how he conducted himself during the event.  Way to
go Joe!

Steve, NY3A came over on Friday night and made some contact on 160 & 20 while
re-possessing his Icom 756 PRO III (nice radio!).

Brian, N3ST made the majority of QSOs on 80 meters both nights, and left WX3B
just before European sunrise, leaving the real fun for â?¦ WX3B!

Mike, N3VOP immediately created quite a pileup when he took over the main 20
meter radio late Sunday afternoon.   He is certainly developing the necessary
skills to dig weak signals out of the noise (and boy was there noise on 20 this
weekend).   On several occasions, he corrected the WX3B copied exchange.

Randy, K3IFH (guest) came over to see what WX3B was all about.  He says he like
handing out points, but heâ??s not one of those â??hard coreâ?? contesters.

Some other highlights:  the HUGE JA and Asian opening Saturday night, and the
endless 20 meter opening to Europe that lasted past 6:30pm Sunday evening.

One final highlight for me was having band conditions shift, and a very
gentlemanly Krassy, K1LZ relinquishing his run frequency to me after we both
discovered we were in each otherâ??s way.  Some of you might understand why
this is a highlight.

Thanks to all my PVRC friends that stopped by, spotted me and made this a fun
event.  See you in the summer contests!

73,

Jim  WX3B