[3830] WPX SSB OG6A(OH6KZP) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kim.ostman@tut.fi
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB OG6A(OH6KZP) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 10:04:47 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: OG6A
Operator(s): OH6KZP
Station: OH4A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Kisko
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:  262
   80:  711
   40:  592
   20:  883
   15:   49
   10:    0
------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

While propagation was (again...!) quite limited, this was another fun and
educative contest. Local competition added to the excitement of it all; this
time I ended up drawing the shorter straw, but happily I exceeded my
pre-contest targets. Hoping for better conditions in the CW leg.

Lowlights: 1) My aching brain reminded me about why I prefer CW over SSB. 2)
Coming back into the shack after a short nap for the final contest hour at 2am
this morning and wondering what on earth I'm supposed to do with all the
equipment in front of me in order to get stations into that log on the computer
screen.

Highlights: All hardware worked fine. Many new Chinese stations. A few very
nice runs.

"Fun Light"(s): My favorite contest beverage!

Big thanks to Jari OH6QU for loaning me the special callsign, and to Jukka
OH6LI and Merja for their hospitality and for letting me use the OH4A station.
And finally, thanks to everybody for the QSOs!