[3830] WPX SSB OQ4B(ON4BHQ) SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, on4bhq@skynet.be
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB OQ4B(ON4BHQ) SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 12:12:41 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: OQ4B
Operator(s): ON4BHQ
Station: OQ4B

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: JO20AT
Operating Time (hrs): 22

------------
  160:
   80:   39
   40:   74
   20:  336
   15:  144
   10:   17
------------

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

I was in the contest just for fun but most of all to test my repaired amp power
supply. My electronic skill is still ok, as the amp didn't fail at all.
Condx were good. 15 m did very well to South America. 20 m was very crowded, a
lot of splattering from (too) strong EU and Russian stations so it was
difficult to get to the USA (only stateside was workable). I still have my
doubts about legal power of certain stations! Perhaps I should invest in a
roofing filter for good old MkV?
WX in Belgium was bad, so I was glad to be in the shack and had great fun.
I only did S&P, because the software setup didn't allow me to use the
voicekeyer.

Setup: FT1000 MkV Field, HA1YA amp running @ 800 W, MA5B minibeam, MA8040
vertical and G5RV, N1MM "the logger".

73