[3830] WPX SSB OH2K(OH2LZC) SOSB20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, oh2lzc@sral.fi
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB OH2K(OH2LZC) SOSB20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 04:44:43 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: OH2K
Operator(s): OH2LZC
Station: OH2K

Class: SOSB20 HP
QTH: Kauniainen
Operating Time (hrs): 35

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 1001
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Decided to spend the weekend in the noise... radio conditions were poor - as
expected. 4-el monoband yagi 25mh, 1000W, FT-1000D in use in our radio club.
20m singleband, single operator.

Mr. Aurora, the frequent attenuator of northern ham shacks was strongly present
during the whole contest time. A pity, because sunspot numbers were high for a
change. I got a few hours of pileup fun, most of the time I was rolling the vfo
looking for stations that are not dupes. The afternoon hours were very noisy
with +20db basic noise and stations every 100 Hz... I felt like a qrp attic
antenna station then.

After sunset as the skip got longer operating 20 meters was more pleasant for
the ears as europe was basically inaudible.

In summary, mostly Europe - some Asia - very little Oceania - no Africa - big
guns from North America, small pistols from South America.

Niko
OH2LZC (operated as OH2K)