[3830] WPX SSB N4QV SOSB40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB N4QV SOSB40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 08:46:12 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: N4QV
Operator(s): N4QV
Station: N4QV

Class: SOSB40 HP
QTH: Plantation, FL
Operating Time (hrs): 14

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  660
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Rig: Kenwood TS-940SAT, Alpha78, Inverted V @ 70 Feet

Conditions were better than during ARRL Phone.

40 meter phone has never been my favorite because of the broadcasts and the
split band.  I need a dual receive radio!  I figured that others might hate it
as well, which might lower the competition and would increase my chances.

It was fun running Europeans Sunday AM.  Had many calling that I could not hear
well.  Need that Beam!

Well, it WAS fun, until the neighbors were banging on the door, explaining in
Spanish, that I was getting into their new "Home Theatre in a Box!"  I went to
look at it. It was a "Made in China" "White Van" product that wasn't FCC Type
accepted.  Try as I could, I could not get it accross, that the problem was in
their unit, since my system is much closer to the antenna, and had no
problems!

I shut down the amp and went to S&P.  I felt that I could have gone well over a
million points without the intteruption and could have made a full time effort.

Interesting moment: At 18 minutes into the contest I work, NJ4M (K1TO), our
fearless leader and he gives me a serial# of 070! I was at 013 and NQ4I gave me
047 next! Whew!  Guess I should not have been wasting time S&Ping Europeans!
They were too busy working each other.

All said and done, it was fun!  I will have the RFI problem licked before the
next one!

Randy
N4QV