[3830] WPX SSB CT7X M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, etjfonte@ua.pt
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB CT7X M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 15:02:43 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: CT7X
Operator(s): CT1ENQ CT1ERK CT1ETE
Station: CT7X

Class: M/S LP
QTH: IN51uk
Operating Time (hrs): 43,55

------------
  160:    0
   80:   64
   40:  131
   20: 1092
   15:  107
   10:   13
------------

Club:

Comments:

Mr Murphy made a couple of visits...
Not so much time to prepare our humble effort.
Not even a Linear Amplifier, we had, to compete on our category.
We assembled the station a few minutes b4 start. The TS2000 failed to receive a
couple of CQ's after, at least CT1ERK brought his TS50 as backup radio. We
assembled a G5RV during the first hour of contest to allow a running station
and a multi station on the lower bands. N1MM failed in the beginning, which
cost us a few Qs (and a couple of logged Qs).

We were just 3 ops so we couldn't manage a full 48h effort but we tried to
rest/sleep the less as possible.

The lack of filters made operation of the multiplier station a bit difficult.

Our goals were, at least 1k Qs or 1M Pts. We achieve them, so, at the end, we
were kind'a happy.

Setup:

Antennas: TH3JRS, Diammond Dipole, G5RV (small ver).
Radios: Icom 706 MKIIG, TS50.
Pwr: 100W (@ both radios)
PC: 2 Asus laptops + wired network
Log: N1MM

The TS50 didnt have CAT control, so basically we lost cat control from the main
radio right in the beginning :(

Well, after all, we did this for fun, we had it and we want more :)

Must thank:

.the AEP25 Scouts Group for their support (CT1FWS and the group)
.CT1EYN Costa, for being always available