[3830] EA RTTY VA7ST SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] EA RTTY VA7ST SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 21:47:56 -0700
                    EA RTTY Contest

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 5.7

   80:   28    14
   40:   66    17
   20:   57    21
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  346    62  Total Score = 17,992

Club:

Comments:

Got on for 20 minutes or so at a stretch, but not a concerted effort due to
really poor propagation here. No EU opening on 20M Saturday morning and even
domestic Qs were tough to get. Called many unanswered CQs beaming U.S. and EA
to no avail.

40M was better for me than 20M, despite noticeable one-way (east to west)
propagation at times.

Called CQ in between soldering and wiring up a basic 80M two-element relay box.
Took most of the weekend to get the ropes over the trees, hang the vertical
wires, run a couple elevated radials, then run control line and coax into the
woods.

With my mechanical skills, the relay box looks like something my dog built, but
seems to work OK with a new pair of 1/4-wave elevated wire verticals hanging 70'
apart from rather tall pine trees. Will use the new array for a couple weeks,
before returning to or dismantling the trusty ol' delta loop (on ground now).

Would have preferred running EA RTTY more seriously, but conditions just didn't
make it worthwhile.